    I use this on ServerValidate it works.
    I am wonderering what's the difference between ClientValidationFunction and
    OnserverValidate and why it was not working on Client side.

    =?Utf-8?B?Ym9iYnk=?=, Sep 24, 2007

  2. On Sep 24, 9:16 pm, bobby <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using Cutom Validator to validate email address for a twext box. I
    > have a vfunction named ValidateEmailID. if I use this function in
    > ClientValidationFunction it doesn't work and gives me error message. But if
    > I use this on ServerValidate it works.
    > I am wonderering what's the difference between ClientValidationFunction and
    > OnserverValidate and why it was not working on Client side.

    ClientValidationFunction sets the name of the client-side script
    function used for validation, and OnServerValidate event has to be
    wired up to the server-side validation event handler. So, to make
    ClientValidationFunction working with ValidateEmailID you should have
    ValidateEmailID as a client script

    Alexey Smirnov, Sep 24, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Ym9iYnk=?=

    bruce barker Guest

    the ClientValidation runs on the client side and must be written in
    javascript.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Sep 24, 2007