    Ideas?

    The same thing is happening with a button click on the same page and
    I'm guess the two failures are related.

    Andrew, Jun 29, 2004

  2. Andrew

    ranganh Guest

    Dear Andrew,

    Do not use Server.Transfer. In case of Server.Transfer, the client (i.e. the browser) is not aware of the redirection and therefore, it will not be able to
    perform validations and events which require the client interaction.

    Therefore, use Response.Redirect.

    Hope it helps.

    ranganh, Jun 29, 2004

  3. Andrew

    Andrew Jones Guest

    I apologize in advance, because much of this is new to me. I've changed
    it to a response.redirect, but that doesn't seem to change the page ...
    although the address is changing.

    There are three pages here ... the first is blocked because of Form
    Authentication; the second is a login page and the third is a new
    password page. I'm trying to redirect from the login page to the
    password page.

    server.transfer loads it and client side validation seems to work, but
    the click events and server side validation shows no life.

    response.redirect doesn't seem to want to refresh the page.

    Any recommended reference material would also be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Andrew Jones, Jun 29, 2004