custom validation not executing

Andrew

I've tested the logic in the design on other pages and it works fine.
THere is one major difference between where I want it to work and
where it has worked. THe page I'm working on was launched from a page
using Server.Transfer. I'm very new to this stuff so this very well
could be a simple one.

Ideas?

The same thing is happening with a button click on the same page and
I'm guess the two failures are related.

ranganh

Dear Andrew,

Do not use Server.Transfer. In case of Server.Transfer, the client (i.e. the browser) is not aware of the redirection and therefore, it will not be able to
perform validations and events which require the client interaction.

Therefore, use Response.Redirect.

Hope it helps.

Andrew Jones

I apologize in advance, because much of this is new to me. I've changed
it to a response.redirect, but that doesn't seem to change the page ...
although the address is changing.

There are three pages here ... the first is blocked because of Form
Authentication; the second is a login page and the third is a new
password page. I'm trying to redirect from the login page to the
password page.

server.transfer loads it and client side validation seems to work, but
the click events and server side validation shows no life.

response.redirect doesn't seem to want to refresh the page.

Any recommended reference material would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.