Custom web control problems in the designer pane (simple examples)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Dales, Nov 4, 2003.

  1. Dales

    Dales Guest

    I have a custom control that builds what we refer to as "Formlets"
    around some content in a page. These are basically content "wrapper"
    sections that are tables that have a colored header and provide an
    open TD with a DIV in it for the content of this formlet. (The DIV is
    for DHTML to hide and show the content)

    I've created a web page showing step by step the two problems I'm
    encountering. This problem is much easier to see than it is to
    explain.

    This page is best viewed with at least a 1280x1024 resolution.

    http://www.cox-internet.com/wizndaly/gg/designer.htm

    Here's a summary of my two problems:

    1) If I change any properties using the Properties window in the
    design pane, any child controls that I had nested in my custom web
    control are gone once I switch back to HTML view.

    2) If I have anything other than simple text nested in my custom web
    control, the designer will not render it, but it will render
    everything just fine when the page runs.

    The html page above will show each of these problems in more detail.
    By the way, I'm running Visual Studio 2003 on Windows XP with IE 6.0.

    Any help is greatly appreciated!

    Thanks!

    Dales, Nov 4, 2003

  2. Hi,

    I noticed that you posted the same question in the
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet group. I have replied you in that
    thread. Please check it when you have time.

    Best regards,

    Jacob Yang
    Microsoft Online Partner Support
    Get Secure! ┬ĘC www.microsoft.com/security