Custom Web Control Property Designer

Craig

Hi

I am creating a web control and was wondering how I have have a public
control property that display the eclipse button (the 3 dots ...) to allow
for a file dialog to appear. Just like the ImnageUrl property in the Image
web control.

Regards
Craig

Alessandro Zifiglio

hi craig,
Property editing in the property browser can be done in one of three ways.
First, the property can be edited as a string in place, and TypeConverters
can do the job of converting that value to and from a string (if needed).
Second, a drop-down arrow can cause editing UI to be displayed below the
property. Finally, an ellipsis button can open some other method of custom
UI such as a file dialog or font picker. We have already covered string
editing, so first we will look at the case of a drop-down editor.

For a complete discussions covering most of these techniques, refer to the
link.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/vsnetpropbrow.asp