CustomBinding in a FormView

Mike

I have a FormView control on my page with, among other things, a ListBox
control bound to a sqlDataSource. In the EditItemTemplate, I want that
ListBox to be bound to the same sqlDataSource, but the chosen values need to
be preselected. I understand how to set the DataBinding to match to a value
from the main EditItemTemplate query. But my issue is that the selected
values for that ListBox don't come out of that main query, they reside in a
separate table. I assume I'll have to use a code expression to query the
other table, but I cannot find any sort of insight into how this is done.

I'm using C#. I've got a lot of experience on classic ASP, but am new to
ASP.NET. Any insight is greatly appreciated.