Customer Membership/Role provider problem

AutoTrackerPlus

I downloaded the source code for the membership classes that are used for
Security in .Net 2.0 and I am having an issue using a custom provider I
created.
I needed to overload the "CreateRole" method so I could insert a description
of the role, so I created a 2nd "CreateRole" method to handle this. There
are other changes I need to do, but I wanted to start with this simple one
to see how this would work.

In the downloaded code, I changed the namespace, renamed the project and
created a DLL called CF.MembershipCustom.dll and referenced that in my UI
project. I updated the config file to use this new dll. Here is the
updated code (see below)...

Everything compiled nice, but now in the UI layer, I expected I could do
this...

Roles.CreateRole("name of role", "description of role");

BUT, there is no overloaded method!

I CAN do this...
RoleCustomProvider roleCustomProvider = new RoleCustomProvider();
roleCustomProvider.CreateRole("name of role", "description of role");

I thought the whole point of the provides was that I could customize what I
needed changed,but still use the same Method calls? I'm assuming I
ammissing a critical step and I appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks in advance!

Brian

<system.web>

<roleManager enabled="true" defaultProvider="RoleCustomProvider">

<providers>

<clear/>

<add name="RoleCustomProvider"

type="CF.MembershipCustom.RoleCustomProvider, CF.MembershipCustom"

connectionStringName="CAAP"

applicationName="ApplicationCenter"/>

</providers>

</roleManager>

<membership defaultProvider="MembershipCustomProvider">

<providers>

<clear/>

<add name="MembershipCustomProvider"

type="CF.MembershipCustom.MembershipCustomProvider, CF.MembershipCustom"

connectionStringName="CAAP"

enablePasswordRetrieval="false"

enablePasswordReset="true"

requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false"

applicationName="ApplicationCenter"

requiresUniqueEmail="false"

passwordFormat="Hashed"

maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5"

minRequiredPasswordLength="1"

minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"

passwordAttemptWindow="10"

passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" />

</providers>

</membership>