    to design so that she can prepare the text in her PC and
    then upload it to the page.

    How can I do this?
    Roger Withnell, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Hi,

    You could ask her to create an HTML page and then upload it to your site. Then you read the HTML file and show the contents wherever u want it to, or can also format it before showing. If its purely text, she can upload a text file.

    Bhaskardeep Khaund
    Bhaskardeep Khaund, Dec 4, 2003

  3. I can make that work if I use the whole page to display
    the uploaded document. But I would like the uploaded
    file to be part of a page, in the editable body of a page
    that has a template with the navbar and headings etc. Of
    course, an HTML page uploaded from Word say will not work
    because it has the HTML, HEAD and BODY tags. How do I
    create an HTML document that doesn't have these tags or
    how do I remove them with code once the page has been
    uploaded?

    Roger Withnell, Dec 4, 2003
  4. Hi,

    You dont need to worry about those HTML and BODY. If you use a Rich Text Box, thats would render the HTML page uploaded and she would have the flexibility to add or edit some more elements like links and other.

    I would strongly suggest the use of Rich Text Box like in the compose page of Yahoo or Hotmail, instead of textareas.

    Bhaskardeep Khaund
    Bhaskardeep Khaund, Dec 4, 2003