    web config. I mean .asp, .htm, etc..

    Thanks

    NRao

    NRao, Jul 1, 2003

  2. Hello,

    Yes you can. What you have to do is to associate these files extensions to
    the aspnet_isapi.dll in IIS.
    To accomplish this follow these steps:

    1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and
    then click Internet Services Manager.

    2. Expand the node that corresponds to the local host (computer name),
    and then expand the Default Web Site node.

    3. Right-click your Web application directory, and then click
    Properties.

    4. On the Directory tab, under Application Settings, click
    Configuration.

    5. Click the App Mappings tab.

    6. On the App Mappings tab, under Application Mappings, check whether the
    .aspx extension is mapped to the following
    dynamic-link library (DLL):

    C:\<Windows
    Directory>\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v1.0.3705\aspnet_isapi.dllNOTE: You
    must replace <Windows Directory> in
    this path with the correct directory for your system.

    In fact requests for ASP.NET file types or other file types such as .config
    files are handled by an ASP.NET ISAPI
    extension (aspnet_isapi.dll), which runs in the IIS (inetinfo.exe) process
    address space. This uses a named pipe
    to communicate with the ASP.NET worker process. The ASP.NET ISAPI library
    (Aspnet_isapi.dll) runs inside the
    IIS process address space (Inetinfo.exe). It dispatches requests to the
    HttpRuntime object within the ASP.NET
    worker process (Aspnet_wp.exe).

    Please let me know if this answers you question.

    Thanks,
    Bassel Tabbara
    Microsoft, ASP.NET

    Bassel Tabbara [MSFT], Jul 1, 2003