customErrors error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by dw, Jun 4, 2005.

  1. dw

    dw Guest

    Hi, all. I've deployed an ASP.NET 1.1 app from my localhost where it works
    fine to a server on the network, but when accessed from my machine through
    the Web, it first asks for me to log into the domain via a popup (which it
    shouldn't) and then generates this customErrors error, and then when I
    access the page from the server itself, it still does the popup and then
    generates the second error below. I think it's permissions on the folder,
    but I'm not sure. Please help.

    ERROR 1 FROM MY MACHINE AFTER POPUP LOGIN:

    Server Error in '/DASAPPS/imm' Application.

    Runtime Error
    error settings for this application prevent the details of the application
    error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however,
    be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

    Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable
    on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config"
    configuration file located in the root directory of the current web
    application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute
    set to "Off".

    <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom
    error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's
    <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

    <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    ERROR GENERATED ON THE SERVER

    Server Error in '/DASAPPS/imm' Application.

    Server cannot access application directory 'D:\www-docs\DASAPPS\imm\'. The
    directory does not exist or is not accessible because of security settings.

    Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Server cannot access
    application directory 'D:\www-docs\DASAPPS\imm\'. The directory does not
    exist or is not accessible because of security settings.

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [HttpException (0x80004005): Server cannot access application directory
    'D:\www-docs\DASAPPS\imm\'. The directory does not exist or is not
    accessible because of security settings.]
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureAccessToApplicationDirectory() +72
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +263

    [HttpException (0x80004005): ASP.NET Initialization Error]
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +982
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +128

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
    Version:1.1.4322.2032

    dw, Jun 4, 2005