CustomErrors for a 404 code

David Lozzi

Howdy,

I'm using the following code, asp.net 2.0

<customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="oops.aspx">
<error statusCode="403" redirect="notfound.aspx" />
<error statusCode="404" redirect="notfound.aspx" />
<error statusCode="500" redirect="oops.aspx"/>
</customErrors>

A new site rebuild so i want to capture visitors coming in on the old pages.
This doesn't work when the old page is .htm. If I go to a missing .aspx,
like test.aspx, i get the notfound.aspx page and it looks good. If i go to
text.htm I get the generic Page Cannot Be Found error page. Any ideas how I
can get this to work for htm as well?

Thanks,

David Lozzi

Patrick Steele

Howdy,

I'm using the following code, asp.net 2.0

<customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="oops.aspx">
<error statusCode="403" redirect="notfound.aspx" />
<error statusCode="404" redirect="notfound.aspx" />
<error statusCode="500" redirect="oops.aspx"/>
</customErrors>

A new site rebuild so i want to capture visitors coming in on the old pages.
This doesn't work when the old page is .htm. If I go to a missing .aspx,
like test.aspx, i get the notfound.aspx page and it looks good. If i go to
text.htm I get the generic Page Cannot Be Found error page. Any ideas how I
can get this to work for htm as well?

I believe you need to do that directly in IIS (under the properties for
the virtual directory). I don't think you can do that in a web.config
(since, by default, .NET doesn't process HTM files).