customErrors mode="Off" does not work

Andy Fish

Hi,

I cannot get <customErrors mode="Off"> to work at all in .Net 2.0

if I set it to 'Off' it behaves as if it was set to 'RemoteOnly' i.e. I can
see the error detail when accessing it from the local PC but not from
another machine, but if I access it from a remote machine I get the page
telling me I need to set it to Off

This isn't just on one specific application, it happens if I just create a
new blank web application in VS2005. it also happens if I deploy the app
from my dev machine (WinXP) to a server (Win2003), so it's not a problem
with the specific installation of .Net

Anyone got any clues as to what is going wrong here?

Andy

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

Make sure this is not overridden downstream or upstream in the machine
config file. When you change the settings, recycle the app pool - it should
be done automatically but you never know.

--

Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]