<customErrors mode="Off"/> ERROR

Savas Ates

I have a web application It works well in my local folder.. When i upload
it
to my web server i got

To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on
remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config"
configuration file located in the root directory of the current web
application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute
set to "Off".

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error
error settings for this application prevent the details of the application
error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however,
be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable
on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config"
configuration file located in the root directory of the current web
application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute
set to "Off".

sjurmr

It means you application crashes on the server. Put the
customerrors-tag as listed in the web.config-file to see the
error-output.

Regards,
Sjur Rondestveit

Ken Tucker [MVP]

Hi,

Usually when a web project works on a local machine but not on your
web host you are missing a dll referenced. I would check and make sure all
the dll files in your projects bin folder are on the bin folder on your web
host. Also adding that line to your web.config on your web host will give
you a lot more information about the error.

Ken

Savas Ates

I copied all bin directory with dll's.. There is no problem about missing
files.. It is my web server. I have full access to change whatever i want ..
By the way what you mean

<< Put the
customerrors-tag as listed in the web.config-file to see the
error-output.

my web.config file
<customErrors mode="Off" />

any solution ?

Greg Burns

Isn't "Server Error in '/' Application" idicative of the virtual directory
not being marked as an application in IIS?

PS: I've also seen the <customErrors> message even when it is set to Off,
whenever there is a syntax error in the web.config.

Greg

vortep

do exactly what the error tells you. open the web.config
and change
<customErrors
mode="RemoteOnly"
/>

to <customErrors
mode="Off"
/>

thou shalt google before asking...

Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,

Even i faced the same problem.
it is because i developed web application in 2003 but the server was in 2002.
is there any alternative without upgrading the server, to run the application from 2002 server (it is fine only if the site works without error,project need not be opened)
also the server holds MS Framework 1.0 & 1.1

can anyone help me to resolve the problem?