CustomErrors OFF not working?

Darrel

Trying to get an app running on a client's shared hosting.

Uploaded everything and then got the ol' "set customErrors to OFF to see
message" warning.

So, I did, but continue to get the same message. Would there be something
else server-side that would be preventing the errors from being written to
the browser? Anything I can do from the web.config standpoint or am I at the
mercy of the web host doing something on their end?

-Darrel

Darrel

Are you getting the custom error page or you are seeing an error page that
may not be very derscriptive and helpful?

I'm getting the error page that says to see the error, modify the
customErrors statement in the web.config file (Which has been modified).

From googling, it sounds like the issue could be that the app is a child of
an app above it who's web.config is over-riding mine. Plausible? Any other
things to ask the web host to check?

-Darrel

John Talli

above it who's web.config is over-riding mine

I might be wrong, but I thought for most commands, lower level overrides.