    I'd like create a new treeview control derived from
    the TreeView and add some additional methodes to it.
    How can i do it?

    majid, Sep 17, 2003

  2. majid

    Ezra Epstein Guest

    There are 2 files that are used. One's the compiled C# code. The other is
    the .htc that is used by IE (5.5 and later) to do the rendering logic. So
    it depends on what you want to do. You can subclass the C# code, but I
    think with the .htc you just copy the file, rename it, and use it as a
    starting point for your own efforts. Then, of course, you need to install
    the .dll and the .htc files in your server's directories. I've managed to
    make some pretty useful modest changes to the TreeView -- e.g., clicking a
    node doesn't expand/collapse the node unless the node was already
    selected...

    Hope that helps,

    Ezra E

    Ezra Epstein, Sep 18, 2003