customizable assembler

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Stefan Oedenkoven, Nov 21, 2004.

  1. Hi ng,

    is there any project for a customizable assembler,
    which needs only a configuration file and produces bytecode.

    regards,
    stefan

    ---------------------------
    ---------------------------
    maybe a cfg file like this:

    opcode: 16 Bit
    address_range: 16 bit
    stack: no
    class registers : 4 Bit
    a: 0000
    c: 0001
    d: 0010

    class arittype
    add: 1001
    mult: 1010
    sub: 0001
    class arithmetic_instructions
    0001, arithtype, register,register
    class mem_instructions
    01, memop, register, addr

    Stefan Oedenkoven, Nov 21, 2004

  2. Stefan Oedenkoven

    Uncle Noah Guest

    "Stefan Oedenkoven" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi ng,
    >
    > is there any project for a customizable assembler,
    > which needs only a configuration file and produces bytecode.
    >
    > regards,
    > stefan
    >

    > ---------------------------
    > ---------------------------
    > maybe a cfg file like this:
    >
    > opcode: 16 Bit
    > address_range: 16 bit
    > stack: no
    > class registers : 4 Bit
    > a: 0000
    > c: 0001
    > d: 0010
    >
    > class arittype
    > add: 1001
    > mult: 1010
    > sub: 0001
    > class arithmetic_instructions
    > 0001, arithtype, register,register
    > class mem_instructions
    > 01, memop, register, addr

    dear friend

    sgasm produces bytecode for user-given instructions. It is a
    sourceforge.net project. I have also heard of chump (find it at
    freshmeat) which works OK in Linux. This doesn't produce bytecode but
    should be closer to the GNU as assembler.

    Nikolaos Kavvadias
    <>

    Uncle Noah, Nov 22, 2004

  3. Stefan Oedenkoven

    Jeroen Guest

    "Stefan Oedenkoven" <> schreef in bericht
    > Hi ng,
    >
    > is there any project for a customizable assembler,
    > which needs only a configuration file and produces bytecode.
    >
    > regards,
    > stefan

    For a DIY processor I used TASM (not Borland's Turbo Assembler) which works
    quite well. Google for TASM universal assembler. It runs under DOS btw

    Jeroen

    Jeroen, Nov 22, 2004