customizable assembler

Stefan Oedenkoven

Hi ng,

is there any project for a customizable assembler,
which needs only a configuration file and produces bytecode.

regards,
stefan

---------------------------
---------------------------
maybe a cfg file like this:

opcode: 16 Bit
address_range: 16 bit
stack: no
class registers : 4 Bit
a: 0000
c: 0001
d: 0010

class arittype
add: 1001
mult: 1010
sub: 0001
class arithmetic_instructions
0001, arithtype, register,register
class mem_instructions
01, memop, register, addr

Uncle Noah

Stefan Oedenkoven said:
[...]

dear friend

sgasm produces bytecode for user-given instructions. It is a
sourceforge.net project. I have also heard of chump (find it at
freshmeat) which works OK in Linux. This doesn't produce bytecode but
should be closer to the GNU as assembler.

Nikolaos Kavvadias
<[email protected]>

Jeroen

Stefan Oedenkoven said:
Hi ng,

is there any project for a customizable assembler,
which needs only a configuration file and produces bytecode.

regards,
stefan

For a DIY processor I used TASM (not Borland's Turbo Assembler) which works
quite well. Google for TASM universal assembler. It runs under DOS btw

Jeroen