    (this r a few simple pages, i dont wanna use Crystal Reports or anything
    like that)

    TIA

    Fred, Jan 3, 2006

  2. If you want all that, why not use a DataGrid?

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    You can lead a fish to a bicycle,
    but it takes a very long time,
    and the bicycle has to *want* to change.

    Kevin Spencer, Jan 3, 2006

  3. Fred

    Fred Guest

    becouse it`s a lot of ready code, using repeaters, and i need to format
    it for printing

    Fred, Jan 3, 2006
  4. I'm confused. You want to format the code, but you don't want to change it?

    Kevin Spencer, Jan 3, 2006
  5. Okay, let me see if I can figure this out. You have a number of records that
    you want to format for printing using CSS page breaks. So far so good?
    You're using a Repeater Control to loop through a record set of some sort,
    and put each record in HTML in the page, followed by a CSS page break. Am I
    following you so far?

    Now, you asked about using a DataGrid. Your exact question was:

    datagrids have GridLines, BorderWidth, BorderColor, ItemStyle.CssClass,
    ShowFooter ... properties, which can be used to customize the way they
    look when printed, how does one achieve the same effect for repeaters

    Well, since a Repeater repeats whatever HTML you render inside it, and since
    a DataGrid ultimately renders HTML, it shouldn't really matter what you use;
    only what HTML it renders, right? So, if you don't want to use a DataGrid,
    just modify the HTML output inside the Repeater accordingly.

    Kevin Spencer, Jan 3, 2006