Customized frame border

yashgt

Hi,

I have 3 frames, one below the other. I would like to be able to resize
the frames by holding the border that separates them. I also want this
border to be customizeable, so that it shows a colorful boundary rather
than the default frame separator. Also, the border should be visible
only between the frame and not at its sides.

Is there a way to achieve this?
-Yash

dorayme

Hi,

I have 3 frames, one below the other. I would like to be able to resize
the frames by holding the border that separates them. I also want this
border to be customizeable, so that it shows a colorful boundary rather
than the default frame separator. Also, the border should be visible
only between the frame and not at its sides.

Is there a way to achieve this?
-Yash

Yes, but not wholly reliably. Turn off borders at the frame-set
level. Do this first, have the frames so there are no borders
(beyond the separation boundary between the frames). Look up
frames in the W3C specs. If I recall you need something like
frameborder=0)

Next, put whatever borders you want in the frames themselves.
There are the usual choices then, you can have a border on the
widths, different colours, you can have groove or ridge or dotted
(many modern browsers support all these and more). Or you can
make your own image of a border and place it as background and
code appropriately.