    Is there a way to achieve this?
    -Yash

    , Apr 7, 2006

  2. dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have 3 frames, one below the other. I would like to be able to resize
    > the frames by holding the border that separates them. I also want this
    > border to be customizeable, so that it shows a colorful boundary rather
    > than the default frame separator. Also, the border should be visible
    > only between the frame and not at its sides.
    >
    > Is there a way to achieve this?
    > -Yash

    Yes, but not wholly reliably. Turn off borders at the frame-set
    level. Do this first, have the frames so there are no borders
    (beyond the separation boundary between the frames). Look up
    frames in the W3C specs. If I recall you need something like
    frameborder=0)

    Next, put whatever borders you want in the frames themselves.
    There are the usual choices then, you can have a border on the
    widths, different colours, you can have groove or ridge or dotted
    (many modern browsers support all these and more). Or you can
    make your own image of a border and place it as background and
    code appropriately.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Apr 8, 2006