    system administration and Python would interest me.

    Thanks for your help

    Antoine

    Antoine Logean, Aug 11, 2003

  2. Antoine Logean

    Cliff Wells Guest

    On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 06:52, Antoine Logean wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > After having installed Linux (RedHat) on a PC I want to automate all the
    > post-installation tasks. A lot of shell and perl scripts exist to do
    > this. But I want to have something purelly object oriented where I can
    > define the differents tasks in an abstract manner. Is that something in
    > this direction in Python ? So any information concerning Linux (Unix)
    > system administration and Python would interest me.

    Since you're on RedHat, take a look at some of their administration
    scripts (many of which are in Python) for some inspiration. Just doing
    a 'find /usr/share -name "*.py"' should be enough to get you started.
    Note that not all of their Python scripts have a .py suffix.

    Regards,

    --
    Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
    Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)