Customizing create user wizard

John

Hi

I am using create user wizard with sql server based membership/roles. I have
the following questions;

1. How can I get rid of the security question and answer as I don't need it
in my app?

2. How can I get the control to send an email to the "office" so they can
authorise the account before it can be activated for the user?

3. How can I take off the restriction from password to have one
non-alphanumeric character?

Thanks

Regards

John

A follow-up question; how can I get the user to fill additional fields
surname & in addition to what fields are already in the create user wizard?

Thanks

Joshua Flanagan

Read the documentation for MembershipProvider. It has properties you can
set in your web.config for 1 & 3.
For 2, you will have to insert some custom logic. You can do that by
adding an additional step to the Create User Wizard, or by responding to
the CreatedUser event that is raised.

To answer your follow up about adding additional fields, you can add
more TextBox controls to the template for the first step in the Wizard.
In VS2005, you can right-click on the wizard control and choose
Customize template, and it will expand the HTML view so that it can be
edited.