Customizing file select dialog for selecting files of particularextensions

computerzworld

Hello,
I want to make my file select dialog box should allow to select only
certain type of extensions like .jpg,.gif,.png etc. So when I click on
upload button it should give the file select dialog with file
types .jpg,.gif & .png no other types can be allowed. Is it possible
anyhow via javascript or PHP or something else? Please help me. Thanks
in advance.

Gregor Kofler

computerzworld meinte:
Hello,
I want to make my file select dialog box should allow to select only
certain type of extensions like .jpg,.gif,.png etc. So when I click on
upload button it should give the file select dialog with file
types .jpg,.gif & .png no other types can be allowed. Is it possible
anyhow via javascript or PHP or something else? Please help me. Thanks
in advance.

Neither with PHP (which as a server side technology has nothing to do
with client side environment) nor with JS nor with plain HTML. Solutions
with Flash exist.

Gregor

SAM

Le 7/20/09 3:04 PM, computerzworld a écrit :
Hello,
I want to make my file select dialog box should allow to select only
certain type of extensions like .jpg,.gif,.png etc. So when I click on
upload button it should give the file select dialog with file
types .jpg,.gif & .png no other types can be allowed. Is it possible
anyhow via javascript or PHP or something else? Please help me. Thanks
in advance.

No, the select-dialog-box is this of the computer's system.
(PHP as JS can do nothing about that)

But maybe with IE under Windows ... who knows ?

<http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/interact/forms.html#h-17.4>
<http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/interact/forms.html#adef-accept>

<input type="file" name="fileImage"
accept="image/png,image/x-png,image/gif,image/jpg">

but that seems to change nothing on my Mac (all files enabled)
it's a kind of info for the server I imagine ?