CustomValidator inside Repeater is ignored

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by David Thielen, Oct 23, 2006.

  1. David Thielen, Oct 23, 2006

  2. Hi David,

    For server-side validation, the validators only cause the Page.IsValid
    property to be true or false accordingly. You still need to check this
    property in your server-side code to determine whether or not to do further
    actions such as navigating to another page.

    If the validation is done at client-side using JavaScript, and a submit
    control is causing validation, then the post back will be cancelled at
    client-side if the page is not valid.

    Sincerely,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support