Customvalidator to test file input size

Greg

I've been struggling to find a way to test file size prior to a user
uploading from an .aspx page. I have read hundreds of posts and help
documents, but haven't found a solution. I tried to create a custom
http handler to handle the application_beginrequest event, but wasn't
able to make that work correctly, so I thought about using a
customvalidator. My thought was to write a script on the page that
could be called from the validator control.

I don't seem to be getting anywhere with this...am I heading down the
wrong road?

(environment is framework 1.1)

Thanks for any help you can offer!