Custum error site in asp.net

Guest

Hi

...need some advice: I like to create a redirect to my custom error page if the user sessions timeout happens. For this purpose I can use for example <error statusCode="404" redirect="404.aspx" />
My question is: Which is the error code of a session timeout?

Thanks..
Ashley

Jon

Ashley,
session timout doesn't generate an error - you would add code to Session_End
in your global.asax file, eg

Sub Session_End(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
' Fires when the session ends - put your code here
End Sub

Jon

Ashley said:
Hi,

..need some advice: I like to create a redirect to my custom error page if
the user sessions timeout happens. For this purpose I can use for example

dm_dal

Ashley,
There is no HTTP status code specifically designated for Session Timeout.
However, you would definately want to use something in the 400 range since
this is a client side error.

I would probably use 408, which is designated for "Request Timeout". Some
gateway devices use the 400 (Bad Request) to denote a Session Timeout, but I
prefer 408.

David Young