Cut/Paste Rich text on Mac/Safari TextArea

cpprogrammer

When I Copy/Paste Rich Text into a awt TextArea it behaves differently on
Windows XP as compared to Mac.

For eg. visit the following webpage

http://www.javacoffeebreak.com/java108/java108.html

There is a TextArea somewhere near the bottom.
Now mark some text from the webpage itself for eg.

For eg. I copied the following area from the webpage
TextField
Textfield components are useful for .....
...............textfield will generate an event.

Example source

Now I paste it in the textarea in the applet - In windows,
"Example source" appears as plain text.
Where in Mac/OSX - the text "Example source" appears
as a link, just like it is in the webpage.

How do I disable this on Mac - i.e. I want the text stripped
& pasted as plain text.

I am using Java 1.5 on both platforms
IE is IE6

Safari is 1.2 (v125)