Cut/Paste Rich text on Mac/Safari TextArea

Discussion in 'Java' started by cpprogrammer, May 11, 2006.

  1. cpprogrammer

    cpprogrammer Guest

    When I Copy/Paste Rich Text into a awt TextArea it behaves differently on
    Windows XP as compared to Mac.

    For eg. visit the following webpage

    http://www.javacoffeebreak.com/java108/java108.html

    There is a TextArea somewhere near the bottom.
    Now mark some text from the webpage itself for eg.

    For eg. I copied the following area from the webpage
    TextField
    Textfield components are useful for .....
    ...............textfield will generate an event.

    Example source

    Now I paste it in the textarea in the applet - In windows,
    "Example source" appears as plain text.
    Where in Mac/OSX - the text "Example source" appears
    as a link, just like it is in the webpage.

    How do I disable this on Mac - i.e. I want the text stripped
    & pasted as plain text.

    I am using Java 1.5 on both platforms
    IE is IE6

    Safari is 1.2 (v125)