Cutom TableCell Control : Custom Property Not Saving after Button Click

ryan.d.rembaum

I am trying to make a very simple control that adds a "required"
property to a table cell. Setting the property to true automatically
should add a red asterick '*' to the end of any text it contains if the

value was previously false and is set to true. Conversly, if the value

is set to false and was true, the asterick should be removed.

To test I created a but that sets the value to the opposite of whatever

it is currently. The problem is that, though I am changing the value,
the value never gets stored.I thought it might be becuase of view
state, so I tried implementing IPOSTBACKDATAHANDLER, but unless I did
something wrong it did not seem to make a difference.

Does anyone know why the value is not being retained? Thanks!

My code is as follows:

Public Class RequirementCell : Inherits TableCell
Private _Required As Boolean

Public Property Required() As Boolean
Get
Return _Required
End Get
Set(ByVal Value As Boolean)
Dim strStart As Integer
If ((Value = True) And (_Required = False)) Then
Me.Text = Me.Text & "<B><font
color=""red"">*</B></FONT>"
ElseIf ((Value = False) And (_Required = True))
Then
strStart = InStr(Me.Text, "<B><font
color=""red"">*</B></FONT>")
If strStart > 0 Then