    if the browser is able and only post-back if it can't? Any other
    suggestions? Thanks!

    Matt
    MattB, Apr 2, 2004

  2. MattB

    Jim Corey Guest

    Use javascript for this. Any .Net routines you write are going to be
    executed server side.
    You'll have to take out any attribute of the radio button that causes the
    postback and just make a javascript call with onclick().
    What .Net does provide are ways to add javascript to the page, like
    RegisterClientScriptBlock,
    which you can use, for example, if you need to add dynamically added
    textbox id's to the javascript.

    Jim

    "MattB" <> wrote in message
    > I have a payment and shipping information entry page in my application

    that
    > has two sets of address fields. I have a radio button the users can set if
    > the addresses are the same. That radio button does an auto postback which
    > triggers an event to disable the second set of fields and fill in values.
    > This all works fine, but can be slow for the postback. The client likes

    the
    > way the page works, but not the performance.
    > So, is there a way I can use .net to try and do this all on the client

    side

    Jim Corey, Apr 3, 2004