cx Oracle privileges

Discussion in 'Python' started by Slafs, Feb 19, 2009.

  1. Slafs

    Slafs Guest

    Hello

    On my Debian server I'm using cx Oracle 5.1 (installation from a
    package made from rpm by alien) with Python 2.5.2
    and Oracle Instant Client 10.2.0.4.0. Installation went well but
    simple test such as connecting to the db shows that only user root can
    make a connection to a database, but any other user can't do this
    becuse
    >>> import cx_Oracle
    >>> connection = cx_Oracle.Connection('user/pass@1.2.3.4/dbsid')

    hangs :/

    I've checked privileges to instant client and cx_Oracle.so in site-
    packages and they are fine.

    Did anyone came across with similar problem or maybe can show me where
    I should look for the cause?

    Thanks in advance.

    Slafs, Feb 19, 2009