cx Oracle privileges

Slafs

Hello

On my Debian server I'm using cx Oracle 5.1 (installation from a
package made from rpm by alien) with Python 2.5.2
and Oracle Instant Client 10.2.0.4.0. Installation went well but
simple test such as connecting to the db shows that only user root can
make a connection to a database, but any other user can't do this
becusehangs :/

I've checked privileges to instant client and cx_Oracle.so in site-
packages and they are fine.

Did anyone came across with similar problem or maybe can show me where
I should look for the cause?

Thanks in advance.