    Any hints?

    Regards,
    Thomas
    Thomas W, Jun 9, 2005

  2. Thomas W

    Thomas W Guest

    Re: cx_freeze error : LookupError: no codec search functions registered:can't find encoding

    Ok, I'll post my findings here since there are allready several
    questions about this topic on the net allready :

    The solution was to do an explicit import in my module, like so :

    from encodings import ascii
    from encodings import idna

    This solved the problem, at least in my case.

    Regards,
    Thomas
    Thomas W, Jun 9, 2005