cx_Oracle execute procedure

Poppy

I've been working on the code below and and executes silently, no
complaints, however the end result should be a record in my table and it's
not added. The procedure works with the passed credentials using SQLPlus or
SQL Developer clients. However I'm not sure if I'm constructing my python
code correctly to interact with Oracle.

I've been basing the code below on what I found in this thread
http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread33728.html .

Zach-

import cx_Oracle

connection = cx_Oracle.connect("user/pass@server")

## PROCEDURE rptmgr.rep_utils.CLONE_REPORT( p_ordernum varchar2,p_repnum
varchar2, p_prefix number)

cur = connection.cursor()

repParams = {}
repParams['arg1'] = "5555555"
repParams['arg2'] = "2"
repParams['arg3'] = "999"

sqlStr = """BEGIN rptmgr.rep_utils.CLONE_REPORT( :arg1, :arg2, :arg3);
end;"""

cur.execute(sqlStr, repParams)

connection.commit

cur.close

connection.close

Jerry Hill

I've been working on the code below and and executes silently, no
complaints, however the end result should be a record in my table and it's
not added. The procedure works with the passed credentials using SQLPlus or
SQL Developer clients. However I'm not sure if I'm constructing my python
code correctly to interact with Oracle. ....
connection.commit
cur.close
connection.close

You have to actually call these methods:
connection.commit()
cur.close()
connection.close()

Without the parentheses, you're just getting a reference to the
methods and immediately discarding them.

Diez B. Roggisch

Poppy said:
[...]

You forgot to call the methods using the ()-operator.

connection.commit()

and so forth.

Diez

orderPeak8CBDGummies