cxfrozen linux binaries run on FreeBSD?

Discussion in 'Python' started by robert, Dec 15, 2006.

  1. robert

    robert Guest

    When i freeze a python app (simple - no strange sys calls) for x86 Linux, does this stuff run well also on x86 FreeBSD?

    Robert
     
    robert, Dec 15, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. robert

    i80and Guest

    I haven't personally used freeze (Kubuntu doesn't seem to install it
    with the python debs), but based on what I know of it, it makes make
    files. I'm not a make expert, but if FreeBSD has GNU tools, freeze's
    output _should_ be able to be compiled on FreeBSD.

    On Dec 15, 5:52 am, robert <> wrote:
    > When i freeze a python app (simple - no strange sys calls) for x86 Linux, does this stuff run well also on x86 FreeBSD?
    >
    > Robert
     
    i80and, Dec 15, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. robert

    robert Guest

    i80and wrote:
    > I haven't personally used freeze (Kubuntu doesn't seem to install it
    > with the python debs), but based on what I know of it, it makes make
    > files. I'm not a make expert, but if FreeBSD has GNU tools, freeze's
    > output _should_ be able to be compiled on FreeBSD.


    Yet do the Linux compiled cx_freeze binaries (and Python .so's) usually run directly on FreeBSD without a lot of trouble?
    I have not access to a FreeBSD setup and someone wants to know the "probability" :)

    >
    > On Dec 15, 5:52 am, robert <> wrote:
    >> When i freeze a python app (simple - no strange sys calls) for x86 Linux, does this stuff run well also on x86 FreeBSD?
    >>
    >> Robert

    >
     
    robert, Dec 15, 2006
    #3
  4. robert

    Robin Becker Guest

    robert wrote:
    > i80and wrote:
    >> I haven't personally used freeze (Kubuntu doesn't seem to install it
    >> with the python debs), but based on what I know of it, it makes make
    >> files. I'm not a make expert, but if FreeBSD has GNU tools, freeze's
    >> output _should_ be able to be compiled on FreeBSD.

    >
    > Yet do the Linux compiled cx_freeze binaries (and Python .so's) usually run directly on FreeBSD without a lot of trouble?
    > I have not access to a FreeBSD setup and someone wants to know the "probability" :)
    >
    >> On Dec 15, 5:52 am, robert <> wrote:
    >>> When i freeze a python app (simple - no strange sys calls) for x86 Linux, does this stuff run well also on x86 FreeBSD?
    >>>
    >>> Robert


    I would guess not, but perhaps you could install one or other of the freebsd
    linux compatibility layers and link your stuff to their libs etc etc.
    --
    Robin Becker
     
    Robin Becker, Dec 15, 2006
    #4
  5. robert

    Robin Becker Guest

    Robin Becker wrote:
    > robert wrote:
    >> i80and wrote:
    >>> I haven't personally used freeze (Kubuntu doesn't seem to install it
    >>> with the python debs), but based on what I know of it, it makes make
    >>> files. I'm not a make expert, but if FreeBSD has GNU tools, freeze's
    >>> output _should_ be able to be compiled on FreeBSD.

    >> Yet do the Linux compiled cx_freeze binaries (and Python .so's) usually run directly on FreeBSD without a lot of trouble?
    >> I have not access to a FreeBSD setup and someone wants to know the "probability" :)
    >>
    >>> On Dec 15, 5:52 am, robert <> wrote:
    >>>> When i freeze a python app (simple - no strange sys calls) for x86 Linux, does this stuff run well also on x86 FreeBSD?
    >>>>
    >>>> Robert

    >
    > I would guess not, but perhaps you could install one or other of the freebsd
    > linux compatibility layers and link your stuff to their libs etc etc.


    whoops, I forgot to add the relevant link

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/linuxemu.html

    --
    Robin Becker
     
    Robin Becker, Dec 15, 2006
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Ganesh Tiwari
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    440
    Victor Bazarov
    Aug 10, 2004
  2. rashmi
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    460
    Grumble
    Jul 5, 2005
  3. KevinSimonson
    Replies:
    17
    Views:
    683
    KevinSimonson
    Sep 28, 2009
  4. Vadim Konovalov
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    118
    Chris Reay
    Feb 11, 2004
  5. Paul
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    88
Loading...

Share This Page