Cycling through web form submissions (Please help!).

Dan Quill

I'm using an asp page to submit forms programmatically. Basically,
I'm sending data through form posts to a vendor site. Using
javascript to submit the form but little else.

Here's what I'm doing:

Database table A
Field1 Field2
A B
C D
E F
G H

FOR LOOP IN ASP
<input type="hidden" name="userId" value='USERDATA FROM DATABASE' />
<input type="hidden" ....>
<input type="hidden" ....>
<input type="hidden" ....>
<input type="hidden" ....>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
document.MyformName.action = "tofrom2.asp";
document.MyformName.submit();
</SCRIPT>

LOOP END IN ASP

The tofrom2 is the page that is submitting data, it submits a single
form perfectly fine.

What I'm getting is it submits the form twice, but no more. I'm also
seemingly adding the data together in the database submission process
(

Here's how the data looks in the end database:

Database table B
Field1 Field2
A B
A,C B,D

There is nothing in the data submission that would create the B,D.
I'm somewhat sure the problems are related, the fact that the form
only submits twice even though it cycles 4 times and that for the two
entries it's joining the data.

Unfortunately, I do not have any control of the data submission side
in the real program (I'm submitting a form that uses a vendors jsp
page).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.