    can see the path properly.
    Iam newbie to cygwin. Please help.
    Prakash
    prakash, Mar 30, 2006

  2. prakash wrote:

    > Iam using cygwin and whenever I try to run make , I could able to
    > invoke synplify/modelsim, but the problem is, in the invoked software
    > If I click any file its saying its not there, because of path problem.
    > How to set the paths so that if its invoked from cygwin, the windows
    > can see the path properly.

    Modelsim is only usable in native linux or native windows.
    Cygwin works well with for applications included
    in its distribution and those designed for it.

    http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=cygwin path make modelsim vhdl

    -- Mike Treseler
    Mike Treseler, Mar 30, 2006

  3. "prakash" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Hi
    > Iam using cygwin and whenever I try to run make , I could able to
    > invoke synplify/modelsim, but the problem is, in the invoked software
    > If I click any file its saying its not there, because of path problem.
    > How to set the paths so that if its invoked from cygwin, the windows
    > can see the path properly.
    > Iam newbie to cygwin. Please help.
    > Prakash

    You don't have to use bash to use cygwin. Add your cygwin/bin to the path,
    and you can use make (and others) from a normal command line (cmd). You do
    this by right-clicking on "my computer" and selecting properties. The
    "advanced" tab allows you to change the environment variables (button at the
    bottom of the tab), including the path.
    Thomas Thorsen, Mar 30, 2006
  4. prakash

    manu Guest

    prakash a écrit :
    > Hi
    > Iam using cygwin and whenever I try to run make , I could able to
    > invoke synplify/modelsim, but the problem is, in the invoked software
    > If I click any file its saying its not there, because of path problem.
    > How to set the paths so that if its invoked from cygwin, the windows
    > can see the path properly.
    > Iam newbie to cygwin. Please help.
    > Prakash

    hello,
    I encountered the same problem while porting my modelsim makefiles from
    UNIX to windows. To re-use them under cygwin, I only had to replace all
    the absolute paths by the folowing command cygpath -m. Here is an
    example of syntax :

    USER_INCDIR = `cygpath -m "$(WORK_DIR)/include"`

    regards,

    Manu
    manu, Mar 30, 2006
  5. prakash

    prakash Guest

    Thanks for all suggestions, I could solve it by using relative paths in
    make files instead of absolute path.
    Prakash
    prakash, Apr 5, 2006