cygwin + win-XP

prakash

Hi
Iam using cygwin and whenever I try to run make , I could able to
invoke synplify/modelsim, but the problem is, in the invoked software
If I click any file its saying its not there, because of path problem.
How to set the paths so that if its invoked from cygwin, the windows
can see the path properly.
Iam newbie to cygwin. Please help.
Prakash

Mike Treseler

prakash said:
Iam using cygwin and whenever I try to run make , I could able to
invoke synplify/modelsim, but the problem is, in the invoked software
If I click any file its saying its not there, because of path problem.
How to set the paths so that if its invoked from cygwin, the windows
can see the path properly.

Modelsim is only usable in native linux or native windows.
Cygwin works well with for applications included
in its distribution and those designed for it.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=cygwin+path+make+modelsim+vhdl

-- Mike Treseler

Thomas Thorsen

prakash said:
Hi
Iam using cygwin and whenever I try to run make , I could able to
invoke synplify/modelsim, but the problem is, in the invoked software
If I click any file its saying its not there, because of path problem.
How to set the paths so that if its invoked from cygwin, the windows
can see the path properly.
Iam newbie to cygwin. Please help.
Prakash

You don't have to use bash to use cygwin. Add your cygwin/bin to the path,
and you can use make (and others) from a normal command line (cmd). You do
this by right-clicking on "my computer" and selecting properties. The
"advanced" tab allows you to change the environment variables (button at the
bottom of the tab), including the path.

manu

prakash a écrit :
Hi
Iam using cygwin and whenever I try to run make , I could able to
invoke synplify/modelsim, but the problem is, in the invoked software
If I click any file its saying its not there, because of path problem.
How to set the paths so that if its invoked from cygwin, the windows
can see the path properly.
Iam newbie to cygwin. Please help.
Prakash

hello,
I encountered the same problem while porting my modelsim makefiles from
UNIX to windows. To re-use them under cygwin, I only had to replace all
the absolute paths by the folowing command cygpath -m. Here is an
example of syntax :

USER_INCDIR = `cygpath -m "$(WORK_DIR)/include"`

regards,

Manu

prakash

Thanks for all suggestions, I could solve it by using relative paths in
make files instead of absolute path.
Prakash