%d not working in re at Python 2.7?

vacu

I am frustrated to see %d not working in my Python 2.7 re.search, like
this example:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'

\d works fine:
'78'

And google search ignores % in their search, so I failed to find
answer from Python mailing list or web,
Do you have any idea what's problem here?

Thanks a head
Vacu

Josh McGee

%

I am frustrated to see %d not working in my Python 2.7 re.search, like
this example:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'

\d works fine:

'78'

And google search ignores % in their search, so I failed to find
answer from Python mailing list or web,
Do you have any idea what's problem here?

Thanks a head
Vacu

%d and %s and such are format strings, not regex.