-D_HAVE_ISOC9X_SOURCE and gcc -std=c99

Stefano Sabatini

Hi all,

I would like to know what you guys consider more portable (as far
as I can understand it -std=c99 is a gcc specific option).

Also can you say what's the difference between
-D_HAVE_ISOC9X_SOURCE

and
-D_HAVE_ISOC99_SOURCE

or can you provide a pointer to the documentation for these macros?

Many thanks in advance.

Keith Thompson

Stefano Sabatini said:
I would like to know what you guys consider more portable (as far
as I can understand it -std=c99 is a gcc specific option).

Please put the entire question in the body of the article. Some
newsreaders make it difficult to see the subject header, which was:

Subject: -D_HAVE_ISOC9X_SOURCE and gcc -std=c99
Also can you say what's the difference between
-D_HAVE_ISOC9X_SOURCE

and
-D_HAVE_ISOC99_SOURCE

or can you provide a pointer to the documentation for these macros?

Neither "-std=c99", "_HAVE_ISOC9X_SOURCE", nor "_HAVE_ISOC99_SOURCE"
are standard features. I know that "-std=c99" is gcc-specific (and it
*doesn't* give you full C99 compliance). I don't see either
"_HAVE_ISOC9X_SOURCE", or "_HAVE_ISOC99_SOURCE" in the gcc
documentation

Try gnu.gcc.help.