Daemon module

paul

Hi,

I find myself writing quite a few daemons in Python and have finally
gotten round to abstracting out a lot of the common code. You can find
my first attempt at a generic daemon module at:

http://www.westpoint.ltd.uk/dist/daemon.py

It's not perfect, but it does work reliably for my purposes.

It would be great if people can use this as a starting point to develop
further features. I'd also be very interested in feedback about whether
the code does the right sequence of calls to start a daemon.

Best wishes,

Paul

Diez B. Roggisch

Did you see the daemonize recipe in the cookbook? Don't forget to checkout
the comments section.