daemons

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Phy Prabab, Oct 20, 2008.

  1. Phy Prabab

    Phy Prabab Guest

    Hello,

    I know people have probably had success with daemons, however, I am running into issues. A simple script to daemonize another script fails w/

    > ./daemonize.rb run

    /usr/local/jruby-1.1.4/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/daemons-1.0.10/lib/daemons/daemonize.rb:122:in `each_object': ObjectSpace is disabled; each_object will only work with Class, pass +O to enable (RuntimeError)

    > cat daemonize.rb

    #!/usr/bin/env ruby

    require 'rubygems'
    require 'daemons'

    Daemons.run('scaleMatrix.rb')

    # end

    I am far from an expert on Ruby so I must be dong something wrong. Any suggestions?

    http://mail.yahoo.com
    Phy Prabab, Oct 20, 2008