    Mac, Linux using whatever speech synth each OS may provide. Thanks.

    Xah

    ∑ http://xahlee.org/

    Xah Lee, Oct 8, 2005

  2. On Saturday 08 October 2005 22:10, Xah Lee wrote:
    > there is a MacPerl program posted in 1998 that uses Mac's speech synth
    > to sing Daisy Bell.
    > See:
    >
    > http://bumppo.net/lists/macperl/1998/11/msg00412.html
    >
    > can anyone modify it so it runs out of the box on today's OS X?
    >
    > PS i'm posting this also in python and lisp group, i hope it'd be some
    > general interest. For some background of this song, see
    > http://xahlee.org/Periodic_dosage_dir/sanga_pemci/daisy_bell.html
    >
    > i'm interested in getting versions that can sing the song in Windows,
    > Mac, Linux using whatever speech synth each OS may provide. Thanks.
    >
    > Xah
    >
    > ∑ http://xahlee.org/

    You're asking "tech geekers" and "morons" to do this job? Isn't that a task
    for somebody more professional like you?

    Michael Goettsche, Oct 8, 2005

  3. Leave Xah Lee alone, he's a troll, he got no interested in doing
    anything but to provoke people on usenet.

    --
    Lasse Vågsæther Karlsen
    http://usinglvkblog.blogspot.com/

    =?UTF-8?B?TGFzc2UgVsOlZ3PDpnRoZXIgS2FybHNlbg==?=, Oct 8, 2005
  4. Xah Lee

    Xah Lee Guest

    Dear Michael Goettsche,

    why don't you lead the pack to be on-topic for a change, huh?

    Xah

    Xah Lee, Oct 8, 2005
  5. Xah Lee

    Sam Guest

    Xah Lee writes:

    > Dear Michael Goettsche,
    >
    > why don't you lead the pack to be on-topic for a change, huh?

    Why don't you:

    1. Learn how to properly format messages for posting to Usenet, so that
    your scribblings don't read like stream-of-consciousness babbling
    (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting).

    2. Explain why such an important and famous ubergeek like yourself (judging
    by your web site) has to beg others to write code for him.

    3. Make sure the door handle doesn't hit your ass on the way out.

    Sam, Oct 9, 2005
  6. Xah Lee

    James Stroud Guest

    On Saturday 08 October 2005 16:26, Sam wrote:
    > Xah Lee writes:
    > > Dear Michael Goettsche,
    > >
    > > why don't you lead the pack to be on-topic for a change, huh?

    > Why don't you:
    >
    > 1. Learn how to properly format messages for posting to Usenet, so that
    > your scribblings don't read like stream-of-consciousness babbling
    > (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting).

    Sam:

    His scribblings *are* babbling, as I am sure you are quite aware. (Your
    predisposition for congeniality is showing through here.) Formatting would
    not help...unless, of course, he marks it up with "Rich Backspace
    Formatting" (RBF). Ideally, he would backspace once for every character.

    James

    --
    James Stroud
    Box 951570

    http://www.jamesstroud.com/

    James Stroud, Oct 9, 2005
  7. On Saturday 08 October 2005 23:39, Xah Lee wrote:
    > Dear Michael Goettsche,
    >
    > why don't you lead the pack to be on-topic for a change, huh?
    >
    > Xah

    Because you are a moron. Unsubscribe from this list please and never come
    back.

    Michael Goettsche, Oct 9, 2005
  8. Michael Goettsche wrote:
    <cut>
    > You're asking "tech geekers" and "morons" to do this job? Isn't that a task
    > for somebody more professional like you?

    I think he's doing a shot to the position of open-source leader, judging
    on the replies he has got till so far, that shot was not really
    effective. In dutch we have a saying for these kind of people, it goes
    like this: "12 ambachten, 13 ongelukken".

    --
    mph

    Martin P. Hellwig, Oct 9, 2005
  9. "Xah Lee" <> writes:

    > there is a MacPerl program posted in 1998 that uses Mac's speech synth
    > to sing Daisy Bell.
    > See:
    >
    > http://bumppo.net/lists/macperl/1998/11/msg00412.html
    >
    > can anyone modify it so it runs out of the box on today's OS X?

    For pre-Tiger OS versions you'll need to install the Mac::Carbon module from
    CPAN, if you haven't done so already. Tiger ships with it pre-installed.

    Aside from that, only trivial modification are needed to update the script.
    Just Replace #!perl with #!/usr/bin/perl, and remove the last line, which
    calls MacPerl::Quit().

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Oct 9, 2005