Dash in SOAP variable name

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by lukas Shb, Jul 31, 2007.

  1. lukas Shb

    lukas Shb Guest

    Hello,

    First the code of my little script. I am trying to get some infromation
    from other service using SOAP.

    The code:

    require 'soap/wsdlDriver'
    wsdl = "http://some.service.com?wsdl"
    service = SOAP::WSDLDriverFactory.new(wsdl).create_rpc_driver
    service.doSomeMethod(1,1,1)

    ---
    The "doSomeMethod" reqiuires 3 parameters but the name of the parameters
    contains dash "-" char. And I get following error executing
    "doSomeMethod":

    ERROR: NameError: `@some-varname' is not allowed as an instance variable
    name

    Can anyone help me solving the problem ? I tried to find some solution
    but I lost my hope :)

    Thank you in advance,
    Lukasz

    lukas Shb, Jul 31, 2007

  2. lukas Shb

    John Leach Guest

    Hi,

    sounds like you might have found a bug in the soap library.

    as a work around, is there a "document" version of the soap call
    available?

    something like:

    service.doSomeMethod({"some-varname" => "value", "var2" => "value"})

    John.
    --
    http://johnleach.co.uk

    John Leach, Jul 31, 2007

  3. lukas Shb

    luk asz Guest

    > something like:
    >
    > service.doSomeMethod({"some-varname" => "value", "var2" => "value"})

    nope. unfortunately it gives wrong number of arguments (1 for 3)
    (ArgumentError)

    too bad :(

    lukasz

    luk asz, Jul 31, 2007