    Event ID: 55
    Date: 10/5/2007
    Time: 12:32:00 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: WEB2
    An error occured in the following module: PSXSTL.Data.DataAccess.SQLServer
    The Source was: .Net SqlClient Data Provider
    With the Message: Cannot generate SSPI context.
    Stack Tace: at
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection
    owningObject)
    at
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection
    owningConnection)
    at
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection
    outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
    at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset,
    DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String
    srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
    at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32
    startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
    CommandBehavior behavior)
    at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet)
    at PSXSTL.Data.DataAccess.SQLServer.runSQLDataSet(String SQL, String
    TableName)
    Target Site: Void OnError(System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException, Boolean)

    Rick, Oct 5, 2007

  2. Rick

    sloan Guest

    How to troubleshoot the "Cannot generate SSPI context" error message
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811889

    sloan, Oct 5, 2007

  3. Rick

    Rick Guest

    In the line within the error where it says:
    C:\$\Digecenter\PSXSTL.Data\DataAccess.vb:line 307. This is the directory
    that the project file is referencing the dll that accesses the database, but
    this is not where the file exists within the Project bin folder after the
    web site is published, is this where the web site is actually trying to
    access the dll from? Shouldn't it just be accessing the dll from it's own
    bin folder?

    I'm getting this error:

    Date: 10/8/2007
    Time: 12:29:05 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: SERVERNAMEHERE
[...]
    TableName) in C:\$\Digecenter\PSXSTL.Data\DataAccess.vb:line 307

    Rick, Oct 8, 2007
  4. On Oct 8, 7:51 pm, "Rick" <> wrote:
    > In the line within the error where it says:
    > C:\$\Digecenter\PSXSTL.Data\DataAccess.vb:line 307. This is the directory
    > that the project file is referencing the dll that accesses the database, but

    It referenced to the module where an error occured

    Have you already checked the following links?

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814401
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811889

    Alexey Smirnov, Oct 8, 2007
  5. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Turned out to be Access Permissions to registry keys.
    Discover this by looking at Security in the Event Viewer and seeing alot of
    Audit Failures with Object Access.

    Rick, Oct 10, 2007