Data Acess aplication block __How to use it on server without MicrosoftVisual Studio 2003

Mukesh

Hi all

As per my earlier conversation with Ciaran (thx for reply) I have
installed the MS APplication block on the server , when i ran Build
Enterprise Library file and Install Services from (batch files )
programme files menu it was asking for visual studio 2003 , I have only
.net framework on the server how can i use the MS application block
data access library on my server plz help...

Mukesh Agarwal
(e-mail address removed)
Delhi India

> The error you are getting is because the enterprise library wants to
write events to the event log and setting this up requires registry
permissions. You need to installutil the dlls for the enterprise library
(this is covered in the docs somewhere). The reason it is writing to the
event log is because the connection failed. If you setup the event log
access correctly then you will have an eventlog entry telling you why
the connection failed.

> HTH
>
> Ciaran O'Donnell
>
> "Mukesh" wrote:

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Instrumentation.DataConnectionFailedEvent.Fire(String
connectionString) at
Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Instrumentation.DataInstrumentationFacade.ConnectionFailed(String
connectionString) at
Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.OpenConnection() at
Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.ExecuteReader(DBCommandWrapper
command) at property.m4.Button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The build file calls devenv.exe, which is Visual Studio 2003. You best
option now is a command line compilation of the library. Follow the docs on
the csc.exe (C#) or vbc.exe (VB.NET) compilers.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside of the box!

Guest

I didnt mean install the enterprise library with the MSI file.
I mean't for each dll in the EL you use:
call InstallUtil.exe passing in the name of the dll. This will invoke the
custominstaller classes inside the dll's to register them selves in teh event
log and things.

Ciaran O'Donnell

sloan

Install the .msi on a development machine with VS2003.

Look at the .bat files.

You need to not find the compile code (csc or dev.exe), but rather the code
that installs the services.

You need the rights to install services , especially on a Server Machine.

Make sure the framework (free download) is installed on the server also.