Data Acess aplication block __How to use it on server without MicrosoftVisual Studio 2003

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mukesh, Sep 11, 2006.

  1. Mukesh

    Mukesh Guest

    Hi all

    As per my earlier conversation with Ciaran (thx for reply) I have
    installed the MS APplication block on the server , when i ran Build
    Enterprise Library file and Install Services from (batch files )
    programme files menu it was asking for visual studio 2003 , I have only
    .net framework on the server how can i use the MS application block
    data access library on my server plz help...

    Mukesh Agarwal

    Delhi India

    Ciaran O''Donnell wrote:
    > The error you are getting is because the enterprise library wants to

    write events to the event log and setting this up requires registry
    permissions. You need to installutil the dlls for the enterprise library
    (this is covered in the docs somewhere). The reason it is writing to the
    event log is because the connection failed. If you setup the event log
    access correctly then you will have an eventlog entry telling you why
    the connection failed.

    > HTH
    >
    > Ciaran O'Donnell
    >
    > "Mukesh" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I have Microsoft Enterprise Library 2005 installed on my local system.
    >> I m also using ASp.net 1.1 And C3 as coding language , I have MS Sql

    Server 2000.

    >> I am developing a web application in which i am using data Access

    Application Block for data access.

    >> I have a remote web n data server with asp.net 1.1 support
    >>
    >> the application is working fine here on the local server(web & data).
    >>
    >> when i change the data server path to the remote server it also

    working fine but
    >> When I uploaded the application on the remote server n tested there

    it gives me the following err

    >> ex.message was

    >> ex.Source was
    >>
    >> .............Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data
    >>
    >> ex.trace was
    >>
    >> at

    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Instrumentation.DataConnectionFailedEvent.Fire(String
    connectionString) at
    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Instrumentation.DataInstrumentationFacade.ConnectionFailed(String
    connectionString) at
    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.OpenConnection() at
    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.ExecuteReader(DBCommandWrapper
    command) at property.m4.Button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

    Mukesh, Sep 11, 2006

  2. Re: Data Acess aplication block __How to use it on server without Microsoft Visual Studio 2003

    The build file calls devenv.exe, which is Visual Studio 2003. You best
    option now is a command line compilation of the library. Follow the docs on
    the csc.exe (C#) or vbc.exe (VB.NET) compilers.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside of the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Sep 11, 2006

  3. RE: Data Acess aplication block __How to use it on server without Micr

    I didnt mean install the enterprise library with the MSI file.
    I mean't for each dll in the EL you use:
    call InstallUtil.exe passing in the name of the dll. This will invoke the
    custominstaller classes inside the dll's to register them selves in teh event
    log and things.

    Ciaran O'Donnell

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2lhcmFuIE8nJ0Rvbm5lbGw=?=, Sep 11, 2006
  4. Mukesh

    sloan Guest

    Re: Data Acess aplication block __How to use it on server without Microsoft Visual Studio 2003

    Install the .msi on a development machine with VS2003.

    Look at the .bat files.

    You need to not find the compile code (csc or dev.exe), but rather the code
    that installs the services.

    You need the rights to install services , especially on a Server Machine.

    Make sure the framework (free download) is installed on the server also.

    sloan, Sep 11, 2006