Data Acess aplication block

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mukesh, Sep 9, 2006.

  1. Mukesh

    Mukesh Guest

    Hi

    I have Microsoft Enterprise Library 2005 installed on my local system.
    I m also using ASp.net 1.1 And C3 as coding language , I have MS Sql
    Server 2000.

    I am developing a web application in which i am using data Access
    Application Block for data access.

    I have a remote web n data server with asp.net 1.1 support

    the application is working fine here on the local server(web & data).

    when i change the data server path to the remote server it also working
    fine but
    When I uploaded the application on the remote server n tested there it
    gives me the following err

    ex.message was

    ex.Source was

    .............Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data

    ex.trace was

    at
    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Instrumentation.DataConnectionFailedEvent.Fire(String
    connectionString) at
    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Instrumentation.DataInstrumentationFacade.ConnectionFailed(String
    connectionString) at
    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.OpenConnection() at
    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.ExecuteReader(DBCommandWrapper
    command) at property.m4.Button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

    Plz help me why this is happening...........

    Mukesh Kumar agarwal
    Delhi
    India
    Mukesh, Sep 9, 2006

  2. You have a problem with your connection string
    or
    You do not have proper network protocols installed for SQL Server
    connections
    or
    You have not given proper access rights for the account (goes back to
    improper conn string)

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Sep 9, 2006