data acquisition and control with Linux and Ruby

Steven Jenkins

Frank Mori Hess and I have just put the finishing touches on a first set
of Ruby bindings for the Linux Control and Measurement Device Interface
(Comedi). From the Comedi web site (http://www.comedi.org):
Comedi is a collection of drivers for a variety of common data
acquisition plug-in boards. The drivers are implemented as a core
Linux kernel module providing common functionality and individual
low-level driver modules.

Comedilib is a user-space library that provides a developer-friendly
interface to Comedi devices. Included in the Comedilib distribution
is documentation, configuration and calibration utilities, and
demonstration programs.

The Ruby bindings are built using SWIG. There is also some interface
glue to make the syntax more Ruby-like.

Ruby support is in CVS at present. Look in subdirectory swig/ruby. I
presume it will be in the next release of Comedilib, whenever that is.

Steve