data binding in label field

Grey

I want to know how to dynamically bind the data in label field. My
requirement is that I need to display a label with a data which is retrieved
from preceding page and I want to use the data binding method to do that.
Can I use ViewState to store the value in the preceding page and then pass
to the label field of the next page?? If so, how to do that?

Million Thanks.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

With proper ViewState and ViewStateMac settings, you can pull info from
another page. It is not very easy in the current implementation. If you pull
the data, you can also siply pull again on the next page. While this may
seem less efficient, you have to remember that web apps are stateless.
Unless you are dealing with a lot of data, you will find that the pull is
very fast on page two, as well. And, if you are dealing with a lot of data,
you should not be sticking it in ViewState.

With Whidbey (next version of VS.NET), you will be able to easily pull info
from page to page.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA