Data Bound Controls

Karen A Hodge

I have a RadioButtonList on my form. There are only two items in the
collection, "No" = 0, and "Yes" = 1. I have the SelectedIndex property bound
to a SQL Server table which has a column of datatype, bit. The default value
is zero for that column. I expect that after the databinding occurs, any
value of 1 would have "Yes" selected and that 0 would have "No" selected,
instead, neither are selected as if the selected index were -1.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for the help

ranganh

Dear Karen,

After you do the DataBind, set the default value as 0 or 1 dependign upon your requirement.

RadioButtonList.SelectedIndex = 0; (or 1 if you want 1 to be selected as default)

that will ensure the radiobutton list is not left unchecked.

one suggestion, if there are only 2 values, you dont need a radiobuttonlist, you can very well go for the radiobutton and set the default property by allowing checked=true

hope it helps.