    trying to find out if there is any tool that can allow me to build asp
    application where the forms would be like excel spreadsheet. I appreciate any
    help. Thanks.
    Jack, Mar 1, 2006

  2. Jack

    Tim Slattery Guest

    "Jack" <> wrote:

    >I have asp project where large volume of data entry would be done. I am
    >trying to find out if there is any tool that can allow me to build asp
    >application where the forms would be like excel spreadsheet. I appreciate any
    >help.

    Regardless of whether you're running ASP, J2EE, PHP, or anything else
    at the server, your user interface is HTML. The nearest thing in HTML
    to an Excel spreadsheet would be an HTML table with an <input
    type="text"...> element in each cell and *lots and lots* of
    client-side Javascript.

    You also use ActiveX (if you can persuade your users to install them),
    Flash, Shockwave, Java applets, which can deliver a richer client-side
    interface. They all require a steeper investment in programming time,
    of course.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(DTS)
    Tim Slattery, Mar 1, 2006

  3. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it.

    Jack, Mar 1, 2006