Data Exchange between Applications using .NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by CV, Dec 19, 2003.

  1. CV

    CV Guest

    Hello,
    Could anyone please throw your suggestions on the following
    scenario?

    (It would be really helpful if you could provide a solution using
    ..NET,XSLT,XSD,Web Service other than 'Biztalk Server' Approach.) -
    Honestly speaking, I am new to this Data Exchanging Process, though I
    have some knowledge in XML,XSLT,Webservice,C#,ASP.net etc.

    In my project, there is a need to design an interface to handle data
    exchange between two applications using XML, XSLT ,XSD,.NET , Web
    Services,etc .

    Business rule:
    --------------
    Let us say, The data in a XML file from Application A(Destination) has
    a column name "Prod Id" needs to be mapped/changed to "Production Id"
    column of Application B(Source) which is the Main Application. In the
    same way, some more Applications will have the data for the same
    Column, but Coulmn names could be represented in other ways like P.Id,
    P.No,etc.

    My Interface should provide options to map Columns between Source and
    Destination Applications and to upload the XML file from destination
    app into Source App.

    After Saving the Mapping info. into database or a template, The
    uploaded file file from Destination Application should be converted
    into the format of Source XML file based on the mapping Info.

    Please let me know your suggestions as to how to handle the above
    scenario? Though you might have come across these kind of questions
    already, Please give your Solutions using .NET technologies.

    Thanks in advance,

    Regards,
    CV

    CV, Dec 19, 2003

  2. CV

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    Sorry to tell you but every time I come across demand like that, I'm
    using BizTalk. If you don’t want to use it I think that you already on
    the track. You need to build XSLT for every translation of one XML to
    other XML schema. If you want to create mapping between XML schemas
    automatically or to let the user set the mapping it's more complicated
    issue.

    Natty Gur[MVP]

    blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
    Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377