Data Grid Select Button Does Not Work

Bruce LeMond

I'm developing a web form, which includes a data grid, in
Visual Basic using Visual Studio forms designer. I'm
wanting to update the completion date on an item to the
current date and time being generated by the system, and I
don't want to edit any fields. I put in a select button,
and code it that whenever the button is clicked, the
completion date will be automatically updated to the item
record. The only event handler I could find for this is
the Datagrid1.ItemCommand. I tried it and executed, and
it did nothing. Anyone knows what event that this would
raise? I found in the help screen that the ItemCommand
event is supposed to fire on whenever any button in the
data grid is clicked. I don't find such a thing as
SelectCommand event for data grid.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bruce LeMond

I had the button type as push button. I changed it to
link button and tried again and it executed the
ItemCommand handler method. So why would the push button
won't work? A customer may prefer the appearance of a
push button instead of a link button.

Nomolos

I have the same problem. It looks like a bug in Visual Studio .NET or
something. Simply changing the property of the control to look like a button
instead of a link shouldn't change the event fired.

Bruce LeMond

Thank you, Nomolos, for your reply.

.