data item with two rows in datagrid

John Hoge

I have a datagrid displaying a number of narrow columns and one very
wide one. It would make sense from a layout perspective to have two
rows per dataitem, and to put the long descriptive field beneath all
of the short, narrow ones in one large table cell that spans multiple
columns. Is there a way to do this with a datagrid, or should I make
the table manually with a repeater control?

Ryan S

A template column with a two row table in it might accomplish what you're
after.

-Ryan

Craig Deelsnyder

I have a datagrid displaying a number of narrow columns and one very
wide one. It would make sense from a layout perspective to have two
rows per dataitem, and to put the long descriptive field beneath all
of the short, narrow ones in one large table cell that spans multiple
columns. Is there a way to do this with a datagrid, or should I make
the table manually with a repeater control?

Using a DataGrid, I think you'd end up doing the same thing, make the
table yourself (a 1 column datagrid). Since that's the case, I'd use a
Repeater instead, unless you need other features of the DataGrid like
paging, etc.