    can anybody help to design the algorithm for the above problem.
    Take it as a challenge.

    , Jun 21, 2006

  2. Vladimir Oka Guest

    wrote:
    > i have to find the common simillar subsequence among the large
    > no.s(>21,000) of input sequences, and not neccesarily present in all
    > the input sequences.subsequence need not be the exact one.it can vary
    > upto 20%.
    >
    > can anybody help to design the algorithm for the above problem.
    > Take it as a challenge.

    This is a question more suited to comp.programming; here you're only
    likely to get advice once you try to implement it in C, and experience
    C language problems.

    PS
    I feel something biotechy about it (looking for a gene in different DNA
    strands). Maybe there lies an alternative path to the answer. Are there
    any Usenet groups dedicated to it?

    Vladimir Oka, Jun 21, 2006

  3. pemo Guest

    Vladimir Oka wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> i have to find the common simillar subsequence among the large
    >> no.s(>21,000) of input sequences, and not neccesarily present in all
    >> the input sequences.subsequence need not be the exact one.it can vary
    >> upto 20%.
    >>
    >> can anybody help to design the algorithm for the above problem.
    >> Take it as a challenge.

    > This is a question more suited to comp.programming; here you're only
    > likely to get advice once you try to implement it in C, and experience
    > C language problems.
    >
    > PS
    > I feel something biotechy about it (looking for a gene in different
    > DNA strands). Maybe there lies an alternative path to the answer. Are
    > there any Usenet groups dedicated to it?

    My misses is a Population Geneticist, and yes, it sounds like the sort of
    thing she does with DNA sequences in C++ ... when casually asked about this,
    she replied 'needleman-wunsch' - I didn't seek clarification - it usually
    does my head in if I do.

    --
    ==============
    Not a pedant

    pemo, Jun 21, 2006
  4. osmium Guest

    <> wrote:

    >i have to find the common simillar subsequence among the large
    > no.s(>21,000) of input sequences, and not neccesarily present in all
    > the input sequences.subsequence need not be the exact one.it can vary
    > upto 20%.
    >
    > can anybody help to design the algorithm for the above problem.
    > Take it as a challenge.

    There is a newsgroup devoted to the specialty of genetic algorithms, it is
    comp.ai.genetic. But I think your chances of getting any detailed help,
    even there, are well under 1%.

    osmium, Jun 21, 2006
  5. On 21 Jun 2006 03:50:58 -0700, ""
    <> wrote:

    >i have to find the common simillar subsequence among the large
    >no.s(>21,000) of input sequences, and not neccesarily present in all
    >the input sequences.subsequence need not be the exact one.it can vary
    >upto 20%.

    Many C data-mining code examples are shown in
    http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/tad.takaoka/manuscript3.pdf

    Juuso Hukkanen
    (to reply by e-mail set addresses month and year to correct)

    Juuso Hukkanen, Jun 23, 2006
  6. Your Uncle Guest

    "Juuso Hukkanen" <> wrote in message
    > On 21 Jun 2006 03:50:58 -0700, ""
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>i have to find the common simillar subsequence among the large
    >>no.s(>21,000) of input sequences, and not neccesarily present in all
    >>the input sequences.subsequence need not be the exact one.it can vary
    >>upto 20%.

    > Many C data-mining code examples are shown in
    > http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/tad.takaoka/manuscript3.pdf

    I'd love to hear anything you have to say about this topic. I believe it
    has forensic dimensions. bfx

    Your Uncle, Jun 29, 2006