Data selection by DDL and Paging in the FormView

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jürgen Schulz, Sep 25, 2008.

  1. Hi NG,

    I have on a aspx side a FormView control for indicating, working on and adding individual data records,
    which is bound to a ObjectDataSource1. The ObjectDataSource1 is based on a strongly typed DataSet. Paging
    is adjusted in the FormView. So far everything functions.
    Afterwards I positioned a drop down list outside of the FormView, so that I can jump to certain data records.
    The ObjectDataSource1 to the FormView is bound had to be changed, in order to take over the selection of the DDL.
    For the DDL I generated a ObjectDataSource2.

    ObjectDataSource1(RechhnerdatenTableAdapter)
    GetHardwareByNode_Name(String Node_Name), returns RechnerdatenDataTable
    SELECT Node_Name, Nutzer, Standort, Telefon, Prozessor_Typ, Prozessor_Frequenz, Motherboard_Typ, Memory,
    Memory_Typ, PCIe_x1, PCIe_x16, PCI_X, PCI, SCSI, SATA, SATA_Typ, RAID_Typ, IDE, LAN1,
    LAN1_Vlan, LAN1_Dose, LAN1_TCP, LAN1_MAC, LAN2, LAN2_Vlan, LAN2_Dose, LAN2_TCP, LAN2_MAC
    FROM Rechnerdaten
    WHERE (Node_Name = @Node_Name)
    ORDER BY Node_Name

    Parameter:
    ----------
    Name: Node_Name
    Value: DropDownList1.SelectedValue
    Source of parameter: Control
    --------------------
    ControlID: DropDownlist1
    ObjectDataSource2(RechhnerdatenTableAdapter)
    GetDataByNode_Name(), returns RechnerdatenDataTable
    SELECT Node_Name FROM Rechnerdaten ORDER BY Node_Name

    The result is everything functions with exception of Paging. The reason lies naturally in the change of
    ObjectDataSource1. Which I can do around additionally the Paging to make possible.
    An hint or an idea would be very helpful.

    Regards Jürgen

    Jürgen Schulz, Sep 25, 2008